Saturday, May 16, 2009

Lazy Saturday

This week was too busy. Haven't had a chance to do much more than a few doodles, what with travel for work and um... work itself.

Music-wise- we've been busy. My favorite show we saw recently had Russian Circles headlining. I only heard of them in a round-about way... We've seen American Draft a few times (who I like a lot too) and went to a show not too long ago at the Empty Bottle. They played with Chord and Pelican. We didn't stay for Pelican, who headlined that one, but I was curious and set up a Pandora channel based on them. Russian Circles showed up on that a lot, and boy, excellent music!
So when I saw that they were going to be playing at the Bottom Lounge, I decided to get us tickets. Great show- they really get into the music, and the music itself is terrific. It's post-rock, post-metal, all instrumental. Very driving but almost classical in the- um, I don't know what it's called- I want to say the storyline of the pieces, maybe the melody? The progression? Whatever. I'd highly encourage anyone who enjoys rock, metal and/or classical to give their music a listen. My favorite song thus far is "Death Rides a Horse."

No comments: