Friday, May 08, 2009

Ali don't read this post! I mean it!

I'm way behind. I didn't realize it'd been so long since I checked in here. And I only have one sketch at my fingertips at the moment, hence the title of this post. It's something I'm doing for my sister Ali, but I want it to be a surprise. Ali- you'd better not be reading this!





So, I used this photo also to "sell" a service for an auction we did for charity at the office. I said I'd do a charcoal or graphite drawing on archival paper from a photo for the highest bidder- with the caveat that it shouldn't be a photo of a marching band, or a class reunion photo of the whole class... Anywho, this work in progress is what I gave as an example.
That's my nephew- you might have heard of him before, "The Cutest Little Boy Ever in the History of the World." He's accompanied by my brother-in-law, who's not too shabby himself. ;-) The problem- I like how the drawing is going, but I started it just as a sketch on plain drawing paper. So I don't know- should I redo it on better paper, or keep on with it and accept it's going to age faster? Meh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was searching for an adjective to express how great that is. I've settled on fantasmic, which is the highest of praise.

MarilynT said...

Well, I think you should clearly know by now how fantastic (or even fantasmic) I think this drawing is. I can't even imagine how Ali will feel when she sees it. And, I don't know how much time you'll have to work on it before you give it to her this week, but...if I were her, I'd want it to last FOREVER...and I'd want it on the best paper possible. But, even if you don't re-do it, it's just a super-wonderful and lovely and thoughtful and "Keely" thing to have done for her!

hakalakalaka said...

Thank you! And Marilyn, thanks for the opinion- I was tempted to go the other way, but you're probably right. I just need to buckle down and get it done!