Thursday, January 29, 2009

Las Vegas Bunny

Woo-hoo! Just got in to Vegas a little while ago. We're going to nap a little while (I know that's lame, but I was up late overpacking, and Lloyd was up late watching me overpack), and then go play some cards. We're staying downtown this time, at the Golden Nugget, so we can get more poker playing in. We might go up to the Strip tomorrow night for the UFC fight though... It wasn't planned this way, but the last time we were in Vegas was for a Penn UFC fight.

Anyway, I'm going to miss drawing this Sunday because we're not flying back 'til the afternoon. I did go last night (hence staying up late to overpack, rather than doing it earlier) b
ut didn't get to scan any of the
 drawings. The model was very good, has a great face, but it took me so long to get warmed up... I need to sketch more in between sessions.

So until I get some more drawings uploaded, here's something else I finished recently. The title is "Self-portrait Five." A self-portrait, if I were a rabbit. The top is cropped because I couldn't fit the whole thing on the scanner, and was too lazy to do anything about it. 

3 comments:

MarilynT said...

Been wondering how the trip is going so far. Glad to hear that you're getting a chance to catch up on your rest! ;) I didn't get a chance to tell you that I hope you do GREAT and win, win, win!!

Love the drawing -- I'd like to see the rest of the series! Good for your for going to the class last night. I hope it was a stress reliever from the crazy day.

hakalakalaka said...

Yes, I've definitely caught up on my sleep- slept 12 overs last night!
As far as the play- well, we'll say I'm getting warmed up and having fun. ;) Yesterday I played okay, not brilliantly, but okay. This morning I played well, but had a couple bad beats that killed me. Which sucks, but that's the game. Lloyd, on the other hand, is still playing in this morning's tournament and just called to let me know they're starting the final table. Woot!

I'm sorry to hear about your all-nighter- is it all done now, out the door? I hope you're able to take some time off today to make up for it! I'll do what I can to step up my game so we can follow through with the assistant plan. Might need to pick up a lottery ticket too though, because you know we'll need at least a few million to make it really work. ;)

hakalakalaka said...

Dangit! Hours. 12 hours! ;)