Thursday, January 15, 2009

Oh, look at me!

Not even a week has passed, and I'm already back!

(Okay, I know, not that impressive. Unless you're me. I'm incredibly impressed by this.)

Had a couple great figure drawing workshops in the last week. Sunday, we drew from two models. Two! Sadly, this was the first opportunity that I've had in my life to draw from two models. Is that pathetic? It rocked though. The initial, shorter poses were a tad goofy- I mean, when in life do you have a man standing naked on his head with a woman holding him by the feet? Well, okay, there may be times, but none that should be recorded in art, IMHO. But the later, longer poses were great. I have a couple I want to work into finished drawings. Hell, maybe even a painting. Snippet at left. His face is not good at all- I had a heck of a time trying to get his look in that pose, and finally I was just ruining the paper, so I said, okay. Done.

Then yesterday evening, we had a female bodybuilder. You haven't seen abs of steel until you've seen this woman...! She was quite slender too. Normally, I find drawing thin people rather boring, but she had such good muscle definition that she was very interesting to draw.

Oop... My pump is buzzing, time to check my blood sugar. I had leftover pasta for dinner, which was pretty tasty. I'm a brat and rarely get around to eating leftovers, but I'm trying to be good. Both to be green, and to save some cash. Meh!

Speaking of my pump- I need to start paying more attention to when my reservoir and infusion set need to be changed, or I'm going to have a belly full of little round scars! (See right.) Nice, huh? I'm going to have to set an alarm on my Outlook to remind me to change it. Because time passes way top fast for me, apparently.

No comments: