Sunday, January 25, 2009

Slacking.



Well, I had intended to post some pics Friday morning. Didn't quite happen. The hub and I went to Ann Arbor for the weekend, for my brother-in-law's father's viewing and funeral. Although, of course, I'd rather it be under different circumstances, it was good to spend time with family and friends.

Today I didn't make it back in time for the model session, and then I pooped out and didn't even do any drawing. So I have only some sketches from this past Wednesday. I was lazy and took photos (bad photos) instead of scanning too. It didn't help that our big kitty Lucius (or Luxi- yep, this blog is named after him) wanted to get in on the action (see at right).

The model for the session Wednesday was great... She held her poses very well. And there were many good poses too. Oh, I lied- I do have a drawing from a week ago Sunday (see below). I didn't have a lot of drawings I liked from there, because that model moved constantly, and I have the bad habit of constantly redrawing, redrawing, redrawing, even though I know the pose is changing. Meh!

2 comments:

joseph's art and stuff said...

these are great, makes me want to back and do more figure drawing!

hakalakalaka said...

Thank you! I took a couple years off from drawing, and forgot how downright therapeutic it is!

Took a look at your blog, by the way... Love your moleskine books- I'm going to have to spend some more time checking them out.