Friday, January 23, 2009

Turn it up to 11!

So, it's my 11-year date-versary with my husband. Crazy! Married 6 and a half years... Sorry to be so trite but, where did the time go? We celebrated by- well, L worked late, poor guy!- but when he got home, we had dinner and dessert, and then watched TV. Woot! ;) It was a good dinner and dessert though. I made paninis on the George Foreman grill. Colby-jack, smoked turkey, and Pink Lady apple slices on sourdough. Num num! And sweet potato fries from Trader Joes. And then I made a blueberry grunt- which was not exactly how it should be because, although we have two full boxes of baking soda in the house, we have no boxes of baking powder. You may ask why I didn't go to the store and pick up the baking powder I needed. Well... I broke my Jeep. We'll just say, regular maintenance of your vehicle is important, people! But, I say, if you're making a dessert and it has some sort of fruit and you throw enough sugar in it and plenty of ice cream on top, it'll be plenty good. So whaddya know? Plenty good. ;)

Hmm... I was going to upload a couple drawings from last night's drawing workshop, but meh... I've tired myself out talking about food. I'll be back in the morning to talk drawing.

2 comments:

Werner said...

Hmm, it's fun to read this ... lucky you: Both my wife and I we usually FORGET that it's our wedding anniversary ... every year my mother surprises us with her congratulation!

And ... thanks for your subscription, Luxi!

hakalakalaka said...

Thank you! I'm enjoying seeing your drawings and reading your thoughts on them. I look forward to seeing more!